twitter facebook instagram tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Dancing Life




Oh yes. It is time to open up a little vault. 





Yesterday I was going thorough some boxes here in the house in hopes of organizing my home office area and make it a little more personal at the same time. So I came up with some projects that will make it a bit more fun and engaging to look at. 




I used to be in dance for a number of years, but these are only from my sophomore year in high school. I had such great memories during this year. I was old enough to not have to be babysat or chaperoned by parents or relatives, and it was a thing only I did as opposed to other years where my other sisters also did things dance wise with me. So because of this, I was free to be silly with friends.


I got the wonderful opportunity to be coached by Mrs. Jessica Barr. To be dorks, silly and entertained by members of the drum line and the band at competitions during color-guard season. 




It was AMAZING. We performed during half time during Friday night football games, and while we waited to perform we would sit at the bleachers...All of us! We would cheer, and the band would play whatever they agreed to play. The cheerleaders would do their cheer, but they were drowned out a lot of the time by us because it was just 12 or 15 of them, and way too many of us to remember. ^_^


We were always doing something. Football half-time performance with color-guard, halftime basketball dance performances, competitions throughout the state and we often won either 1st or placed 2nd! We competed with many teams and some performances took place at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia California, and also Raging Waters,  went to the ROSE BOWL to perform during half time.We WERE ON NATIONAL TV!! How cool is that!? We also performed for the Bakersfield Blitz during half time. IT was awesome times. 




 Still have my pom poms



We had our sparkly silver pom poms, and black suit. It worked great during the fall and winter months because we didn't have to wear outer wear with us. We were warm enough with them; not to mention that we were jumping, cheering, running around and dancing so much we were hot all the time. 






Cherish your hobbies, sports, and lives! Time will pass and things won't be able to be the same once you stop being in school. These are things that you will always remember. 



Do you have any goofy silly pictures to share?
What was your best time in high school? Fendora

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template