twitter facebook instagram tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Feeling Homesick.


Being a big sister is a lot of hard work. 


You probably don't know this, but I am one of 6 kids in my family, (five girls and one boy) and being the second oldest, is not an easy thing. With hair, makeup, and clothes, and time in the shower to shave and do all the things girls do to get all dolled up, it was always a struggle growing up in my parents home. 


I guess I decided to write today because I am feeling homesick. I have been feeling in need of sister bonding time. We are almost all grown up and our schedules are busy or because some of them are now parents, they happen to have a different- more limited lifestyle in regards to time.

Never the less, I still miss family life. Piggy back rides, playing in the pool, picking on each other, and fighting for the restroom and who got to shower last. Endless upon endless conversations until late in the night, sometimes until one of us fell asleep while being talked to. I miss those good old days. 


 As one of the older sisters I was always helping mom raise my siblings and I gladly did it even though I often got the short end of the stick. I remember on one occasion, my oldest sister broke the stereo and my mom asked my sister and I "Who broke my stereo?" and my sister said "I did." and mom deliberately looks at me and yells "Ceci! You broke it! It was you!"and my oldest sister just laughed at the whole situation while I got a pinch on my tricep as I looked at her angrily for laughing. It was pretty messed up, and actually I had to laugh too, pain and all because I was like... What kind of crap is this where I get blamed for something even though the culprit already confessed? and now I have a throbbing arm. Yeez!


The sun was in my eyes.

Sometimes you think about things from the past and now in retrospect, I can laugh it off. Family times were the best, but I could have foregone the pinches. Do you have any memories of being blamed for something you didn't do growing up? 



Remember to love your siblings. Fendora


No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template