twitter facebook instagram tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Are you getting pinched today? Not us.




As you all might now, here in the USA, we have this holiday, and I don't really know where we got the whole idea that we are "supposed to" pinch each other if we don't wear anything green, but that is what we do. 

People get pretty into it. You will see teachers and ladies at the offices in schools or the cafeterias with earrings and/or nails that show off the holiday spirit. I remember thinking it was a lot of work to have to do all that nail coloring. That was when I was very young in elementary school and didn't know SOMEONE else did all that nail "coloring" for you. 


Now I also decorate my nails on occasion to do something festive. I kept it simple.

Even doing a flashmob dance for it with my fellow Zumba-mates at the city planning building. 

I know it doesn't look like many of us, but it was a good size group going down the hallway.



I wouldn't go as far as to make my whole day devoted to this holiday by making cupcakes or meals for it, but if a holiday happens to land on a weekend, I would. Simply because there is more time for others to see my work, and I can show off a little. ^_^ 



Living in such a wet place SCREAMS green. I am surrounded by green. Mountains, forest, green lawns, everything right now is green!


Watch out for pinching. Fendora

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template