twitter facebook instagram tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Being a Pet Mommy

Yes, I am an animal person. I am happy to admit it. ^_^


In my younger years, I was brought up to think cats were not good pets to have, especially indoors. Several people around me often would tell me that they smelled really bad and that they were dirty. That was not true at all! That comes from someone who is brought up around dirty neighborhoods and when stray cats are hungry they will go through the dumpsters and of course they smell like what they crawled into. That doesn't mean a nice bath will remove it all just like for us. Stray dogs, cats, and humans- yup even humans stink if they don't bathe. That is just how it is. 

View from outside our apartment in Rancho Peñasquitos, San Diego.


When I got married, we moved to San Diego, California for some time and that meant being away from my loved ones. I was lonely when my husband went to work, so he decided to gift me a rabbit to keep me company. I love animals! I am a nurturer. What can  I say.


As time went on, I realized I needed more than a bunny to keep me company because they are not very trainable and they are limited to interaction. They are not like cats or dogs, and I did not feel right keeping them from digging and doing things rabbits do in their natural environment. So we took him to a local pet store so he could be adopted.



Michael- my husband, had cats growing up, and he thought having a cat would be a good idea. I was reluctant and hesitant to consider it, so while I was in school in Los Angeles (two hours away) he decided to go to a local animal shelter looking for a cat to rescue. I had no idea what he was doing until he had signed the paperwork to get her spayed and get all the shots and everything squared away. 


Mother I am so sleepies.
We go to the shelter to pick her out after the surgery and it was love at first sight for me and her. Her...my little critter bug. My companion and guardian. My baby...Cloud. Eight years later, we are best of buddies, and have been since 2008. 



What is your pet of choice? Fendora












No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template